Route One Corridor
GIS & Mapping
Planning Board Training - DVTM
Black Bear Initiative
NMDC's service area encompasses Aroostook, northern Washington, northern Piscataquis and northern Penobscot counties. The waste handling within these areas varies by location, services provided, end disposal etc. A number of the municipalities have joined forces in providing waste services and have created regional Solid Waste Management Associations (SWMAs).
Following is a listing of the SWMAs and their member municipalities. Also included are those towns within NMDC's service area that are currently independent of a SWMA.
Solid Waste Management Associations
- Aroostook Valley Solid Waste Disposal District: Ashland, Garfield, Masardis, Oxbow
- NARIF-Northern Aroostook Regional Incineration Facility: Fort Kent, Frenchville, Madawaska, St Agatha
- NASWA-Northern Aroostook Solid Waste Association: Eagle Lake, New Canada, Wallagrass, Winterville - Click Here to view brochure.
- Northern Katahdin Valley Waste Disposal District: Amity, Crystal, Dudley, Dyer Brook, Hammond, Hersey, Island Falls, Merrill, Moro Plt., Mt Chase, New Limerick, Patten, Smyrna, Webbertown - Click Here to view brochure.
- Presque Isle Region: Castle Hill, Chapman, Mapleton, Perham, Presque Isle, Wade, Washburn - Click Here to view brochure.
- Sherman Region: Benedicta, Sherman, Silver Ridge, Stacyville -
Click Here to view brochure.
- Southern Aroostook Region: Bridgewater, Cary Plantation, Cox Patent, Hodgon, Houlton, Linneus, Ludlow, Monticello, Oakfield
- TCL-Tri-Community Recycling and Sanitary Landfill: Caribou, Fort Fairfield, Limestone, Allagash, Blaine, Caswell, Connor, Cyr Plt., Easton, Grand Isle, Guerette, Hamlin, Nashville Plt., New Sweden, Portage, Sinclair, Stockholm, Westfield, Westmanland, Woodland - Click Here to view brochure.
- Upper St John Valley: St Francis, St John
- Grand Isle - Click Here to view brochure.
- Littleton - Click Here to view brochure.
- Macwahoc Plantation
- Mars Hill
- Monticello - Click Here to view brochure.
- Oakfield - Click Here to view brochure.
- Portage Lake - Click Here to view brochure.
- Van Buren - Click Here to view brochure.
For more information email
Connie Bondeson or call 498-8736 or toll free in Maine
Household Hazardous Waste