Route One Corridor
GIS & Mapping
Planning Board Training - DVTM
Black Bear Initiative
Planning Board Training - Digital Video Training Module
NMDC, in cooperation with USDA-Rural Development and the Towns of Orient, Oakfield, Weston, Danforth, Smyrna, and Wallagrass have begun the development of a Digital training module for Planning Boards and Boards of Appeal.
This project will address the lack of available training for planning boards and boards of appeal by creating a digital video training tool for the recipient small rural low-income community members, affording them a flexible, repeatable, and cost effective means of increasing the level of competence and confidence in understanding and administering their duties and responsibilities including:
- Legal Issues, Authority, Duties and Responsibilities
- Subdivision review procedures and standards; statutory requirements
- Site Design Review procedures and standards; statutory requirements
- Shoreland Zoning and Floodplain Management issues
- Create the DVTM program by assembling “model” procedures for subdivision, site design and other applicable municipal ordinances
- Script and cast the mock planning board reviews to be digitally recorded
- Select and work with video production professional
- Roll out professionally produced video training tool in 15-20 minute modules in digital video format for optimum flexibility for the recipient users.
For more information call 207-532-0644 or toll free in Maine 1-800-427-8736