Route One Corridor
GIS & Mapping
Planning Board Training - DVTM
Black Bear Initiative
NMDC continues to have a strong working relationship with the Maine State Planning Office and provides a wide variety of land use technical assistance activities to municipalities. Activities are varied and oftentimes town specific an have included:
- Sponsored a Shoreland Zoning Workshop.
- Assisted with Subdivision issues.
- Assisted the Towns with their search for a code enforcement officer.
- Assisted with questions relating to Access Management and corridor restrictions.
- Assisted a business with ordinance interpretation.
- Assisted the County of Aroostook with EMS mapping.
- Assisted with school busing routing information. .
- Assisted with their on-going wellhead protection planning efforts. Provided assistance with wood boiler ordinances.
- Assisted with the development of an engine break ordinance and signage program.
- Assisted with the development of Timber Harvesting ordinances.
- Assisted a Campowner Association with 319 planning grant activities.
- Revise existing Shoreland Zoning ordinance utilizing the State guidelines as they pertain to the municipality; and/or
- Revise the existing Shoreland Zoning map in accordance with new State guidelines as they pertain to the municipality.
Comprehensive Planning Stakeholders
Amendments to Chapter 208 (Maine’s Comprehensive Plan Review Criteria Rule became effective on August 6th, 2011.
Click Here for more information.
For more information email
Jay Kamm or call 498-8736 or toll free in Maine at 1-800-427-8736.
Shoreland Zoning - Maine DEP
Access Management - Maine DOT
Comprehensive Planning - SPO
Maine State Planning Office
Rules for the Department of Health and Human Services
Rules pertaining to establishments regulated by the Health Inspection Program