Community Development Block Grant Program
Northern Maine Development Commission (NMDC) provides planning assistance in identifying community and economic development needs to municipalities in their service area. Planning assistance means the facilitating of skills and knowledge in planning, developing, and administering Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) activities.
All CDBG-funded activities must meet one of three national objectives, which are:
- Benefit to low-to-moderate income persons
- Prevention and/or elimination of slum and blight conditions
- Meeting community development needs having a particular urgency
CDBG funds are distributed among three categories:
- Home Repair Network
- Housing Assistance Grants
- Public Infrastructure Grants
- Downtown Revitalization Grants
- Public Service Grants
- Small Business Development Centers
- Urgent Need Grants
- Special Projects
For more information on the CDBG program or municipalities requiring assistance with community and economic development projects, contact Joella R. Theriault at (207) 551-5812 or email@example.com.